Bookshelves, you have got to love them. Mine is the centrepiece of my bedroom and it always starts a conversation when someone comes to visit. I have always been curious to why some people organise their shelves in certain ways. I for one, have tried to organise my shelves In so many different ways but I have always turned it back to what it was. I have had them: alphabetically, rainbow shelve, by genre, by when I read them.
Here is mine… Do pardon the wall paper, I am decorating. (Still. Also, you may have seen this picture in my Feature and Follow Post)
It has always been organised the same. The longest I have had it out of this way is 3 weeks and it sent me crazy. Here are the steps to how mine is organised.
1. I have done then top to bottom, left to right because I can’t get all three of them in the same wall.
2. The book are organised first by how many I have by the same author. Ie. I have 29 books by Rachel Caine so she starts it off, I have 15 books by PC Cast, 10 books by LJ Smith, 8 books by Cassandra Clare and so on.
3. When it gets to the point where I have the same amount of books by multiple authors (I have a lot of finished trilogies for example) they go in order of which I read the first book.
4. If a series goes jumps up in numbers due me reading its sequels, books get shuffled along. Meaning that if I read the first book in a series in 2011 and it has 8 books, it will sit in front of Cassandra Clare’s books of which I read the 1st one in 2012.
5. The stand-alone novels are organised by order of which I read them. Which is pretty cool sometimes because I read a lot of them last year and they are all in order meaning I can see how my tastes have developed.
6. The TBR is organised in order that I bought them. Then have what I call an “imminent tbr” which consists of books I want to read really soon!
The reason I do this is because I like keeping all of my authors and series together and it also interesting to see how my tastes have developed since most of my shelves are in order of which I read the books!
So, that is how I organise mine and it will probably stay that until I attempt rainbow shelves again. How do you organise yours?